TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK
TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK
Join us in celebrating and promoting vegan living in Texas!
Presented by Vegan Society of P.E.A.C.E.
In 2006, our organization created the Texas Veggin'-out Days campaign to support our vegan & vegetarian establishments in Texas and to bring recognition to World Vegetarian Day (October 1) and World Farm Animals Day (October 2).
Our campaign was recognized by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) in 2007, when we were awarded "Most Notable Outreach by a Group". It has also been supported statewide by the member groups of the Lone Star Vegetarian Network (LSVN).
In 2011, our campaign expanded to a week-long celebration and education campaign promoting vegan living called "TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK". Our campaign also kicks-off the start of Vegetarian Awareness Month outreach. This year, our TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK is October 1-7, 2013!
Please support all vegan food establishments and vendors in Texas during our annual campaign! You can visit our friends at HappyCow.net for listings of vegan restaurants in Texas. Help promote our outreach campaign throughout the state!
TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK is a week-long celebration to promote vegan living. Please join us by getting involved during the first week of October!
- Organize and host an event at any vegan food establishment in Texas -- submit your event here! For a listing of vegan dining in Texas, visit our friends at HappyCow.net.
- Organize a public film screening in your city (Peaceable Kingdom, Forks Over Knives, Eating, Vegucated, Earthlings, etc.)
- Host a vegan potluck in your city here in Texas
- Present a vegan food preparation demo for those in your community
- Ask your local vegan food establishments and vegan vendors to offer specials and discounts for this week -- submit offers here so we can help spread the word!
- Organize a day of support for vegan farmers market vendors
- Team up with Food Not Bombs in your Texas city this week to feed vegan meals to those in need
- Distribute Texas Go Vegan Week cards and flyers to local veg-friendly businesses, libraries, universities and more
- Ask your local non-veg restaurants to have vegan offerings and specials this week, then help advertise
- Write letters to the editor of Texas-based newspapers about the benefits of vegan living
- Post about TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK on Facebook and Twitter. Like our official Facebook page and follow our official Twitter feed.
Our 2013 TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK EVENTS are now posted, with more being added as the week gets closer! We welcome everyone in Texas to participate. Hosting an event is easy and fun! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE 2013 TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK EVENTS PAGE
Are you hosting an event in your city for TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK? Be sure to also visit the Vegan Society of P.E.A.C.E. Community Events Calendar for events taking place all week! Please remember to submit your event to firstname.lastname@example.org!
|TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK 2013 Coupon and Special Offers
Our 2013 TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK special offers and coupons from participating vendors are now posted, with more being added. Go paperless and show the coupon on your smartphone! CLICK HERE to view the entire 2013 Coupons Page.
Many thanks to the following businesses for offering discounts during the week!
Pepper Tree Veggie Cuisine (Houston)
Sinfull Bakery (Houston)
Loving Hut (Houston)
The Veggie Garden (Dallas/Richardson)
Pat Greer's Kitchen (Houston)
Goji Cafe (Dallas)
Ripe Cuisine (Houston)
If you are a vendor in Texas and would like to participate in TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK by giving special discounts and coupon offers this week, please contact us! We can provide an image to link directly to the special offers page from any SmartPhone, IPhone or Android. We can also provide TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK cards and flyers for your business upon request.
Please support all vegan restaurants in Texas and help this campaign grow!
For worldwide restaurant listings, visit Happy Cow online.
TEXAS GO VEGAN WEEK is Copyright Vegan Society of P.E.A.C.E. All Rights Reserved.